Motorized Stewart screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter
cam
Senior Member
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Motorized Stewart screen

I will be migrating to LA early next year, and is thinking of getting a Stewart electric roller screen (currently using a fixed 16:9 Firehawk G2 100" screen).


Where should I shop for the new screen, right here with AVS Science ? Or there are many competitive dealers out there ?


What % discount will I get off the MSRP normally for Stewart ?


Thx for any information,
Cam
cam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Member
 
kimg1453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
I will be migrating to LA early next year, and is thinking of getting a Stewart electric roller screen (currently using a fixed 16:9 Firehawk G2 100" screen).


Where should I shop for the new screen, right here with AVS Science ? Or there are many competitive dealers out there ?


What % discount will I get off the MSRP normally for Stewart ?


Thx for any information,
Cam
Cam,

Contact AVS as they will work with you and provide the best price. Actual discount prices can not be discussed on the Forum.

Good Luck!
kimg1453 is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Home Theater Lover!
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,768
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1981 Post(s)
Liked: 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
I will be migrating to LA early next year, and is thinking of getting a Stewart electric roller screen (currently using a fixed 16:9 Firehawk G2 100" screen).


Where should I shop for the new screen, right here with AVS Science ? Or there are many competitive dealers out there ?


What % discount will I get off the MSRP normally for Stewart ?


Thx for any information,
Cam
Give us a call or email. We'd be glad to help.

AV Science, Inc. Direct (585) 671-2972 craig@avscience.com www.avscience.com Like us on Facebook

Home theater equipment sales and advice. Call to see the JVC RS600 in Northern California

My theater pics - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514
Craig Peer is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
cam
Senior Member
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimg1453 View Post
Cam,

Contact AVS as they will work with you and provide the best price. Actual discount prices can not be discussed on the Forum.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info.
cam is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
cam
Senior Member
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Give us a call or email. We'd be glad to help.

Sure, will do after I get the details sorted out. Thx.
cam is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter
cam
Senior Member
 
cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BTW, I have roughly calculated that for a 92" 16x9 screen, sitting about 10' away, the angle to the screen edge is about 23 degree, so Firehawk (with half gain at 30 degree) is probably no longer suitable, should I go for the Greyhawk or StudioTek 130 ?


I just worry about Greyhawk's 0.9 gain, even though I have a pretty bright Sony VW500/600


Thanks for any suggestion.
cam is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Member
 
kimg1453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
BTW, I have roughly calculated that for a 92" 16x9 screen, sitting about 10' away, the angle to the screen edge is about 23 degree, so Firehawk (with half gain at 30 degree) is probably no longer suitable, should I go for the Greyhawk or StudioTek 130 ?


I just worry about Greyhawk's 0.9 gain, even though I have a pretty bright Sony VW500/600


Thanks for any suggestion.
Cam,

Give Craig or Mike at AVS a call and they can advise the best fit for your application. A lot will depend on whether you room will have light control or not among other things in determining the best material.
kimg1453 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
taboola here
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off