Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cheaper alternative to Stewart Cima w/ 1.1 Neve fabric screen

Hey Guys:

I'm interested in getting the Epson 5030UB front projector and Projector Central said that the Stewart Cima screen with 1.1 gain Neve material was a great match.

However, surely there must be a less expensive alternative that makes this projector shine. Any recommendations?

Jasen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasenkent View Post
Hey Guys:

I'm interested in getting the Epson 5030UB front projector and Projector Central said that the Stewart Cima screen with 1.1 gain Neve material was a great match.

However, surely there must be a less expensive alternative that makes this projector shine. Any recommendations?

Jasen
I've seen a Carada Classic Cinema White in action with an Epson 5020ub in a light controlled room. Terrific Match.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Well I have a Carada 110in BW 1.78 screen 'they say 1.4 gain but most say 1.1. It is a nice screen. But let me tell you I just got a Silver Ticket 125in 2.35 and it is really nice. The frame is not quite as nice as the Carada criterion frame but it is pretty decent. The screen looks the same to me from 12ft back. It takes a littel longer to put togeather but well worth the trouble. And the price is insane. Just go to Amazon and look. Their web site also has lots of info. Just a great product for its price. Much nicer screen than the Elite Sable.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpepper007 View Post
Well I have a Carada 110in BW 1.78 screen 'they say 1.4 gain but most say 1.1. It is a nice screen. But let me tell you I just got a Silver Ticket 125in 2.35 and it is really nice. The frame is not quite as nice as the Carada criterion frame but it is pretty decent. The screen looks the same to me from 12ft back. It takes a littel longer to put togeather but well worth the trouble. And the price is insane. Just go to Amazon and look. Their web site also has lots of info. Just a great product for its price. Much nicer screen than the Elite Sable.
Never seen a Silver Ticket in action, but I've heard good things about them. The Price can't be beat.
As long as we're talking about cheap screens, I previously used a 120 inch VAPEX white screen that i thought was excellent in every way. It costs a little more than the Silver Ticket, but it had a mega strong 4 inch frame with a velvet covering that puts the Elite Sable frames to complete shame. I'm hearing good things about Elunevision screens also.

I do feel i should give a shout out to the Stewart Cima Neve 1.1. The cheaper screens are great, but the Cima has a level of refinement the others lack. That's not important enough for most people to spend more, but it is to some. Just Saying.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasenkent View Post
Hey Guys:

Jasen

Have you called us at AV Science for a quote ? Maybe a Cima Neve isn't as expensive as you think!
m Robinson likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Reply Screens
Gear in this thread - 5030UB by PriceGrabber.com