1Likes
  • 1 Post By ben38

post #1 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Jamestown

Has anyone received a Jamestown screen lately? I knew from reading others threads it would take awhile but....since May 24th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-10-2014, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

....Been told it was being finished for a couple weeks Beware.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been waiting for just the screen material to upgrade, ordered on the 7th of June. he hasn't responded to any of my emails since. I managed to get a hold of him on the phone, he said his mother was in the hospital and he hasn't been able to get anything done, but my screen should be on the most recent shipment. This was a few weeks ago, still no response since then...I should've just ordered it from Seymour AV.
post #4 of 10 Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

My screen is supposed to be here today. I can understand about family or whatever but someone should let it be known, cancel orders or something. Shame because I hear they are decent screens hence why I ordered in the first place. I was expecting a month or maybe month and a half but yikes lol.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 96
It's pretty clear now that this man is in way over his head at this point in time. He started a business with the best of intentions and it's ballooned well beyond his control. When a business situation gets to this point there's only two things to do. Either stop taking new orders so you can catch up, or get some funding so you can expand your business to meet the demand.
It's also pretty clear that James is doing a lot, or all, of the work himself. This situation has to change soon or his business will fail.
One of my neighbors has one of his screens and tells me that James is a very earnest man. I hope he can overcome these growing pains, as this is a critical time in the life of his business.
Boomassiv likes this.

Last edited by ben38; 08-14-2014 at 06:09 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 PM

I got a reply today, he said they will be getting the material ready the first of the week, whatever that means.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-15-2014, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I called him a month ago about a curve screen and talk to him. He seem nice but he told me he was 2 weeks out on orders. That seems to be a lie. He also told me a curve screen works great with just a standard projector and no anamorphic lens or warp box. That is a lie. After reading other places people were still waiting 6 months for their screen I went else where. Seems he just cant keep up. Sad
post #8 of 10 Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

The screen is nice and the set up is simple yet very effective. Very happy with what I recieved but I couldnt recomend due to the time frame issues as of now. With what he has he could defeinitly raise the price and take less orders or get some help but I know how it is when stuff snowballs and you get behind.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 PM
EJ5

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I spoke with him yesterday to see if they could make a screen out of the Centerstage UF. They couldn't because Seymour won't supply it. However, he told me the Centerstage XD would be fine at a 9 foot seating distance. He also told me the turnaround time is about 6 weeks, I believe. If its actually months, I may have to go with Seymour directly.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-27-2014, 09:30 PM

I ended up canceling. At least he refunded the money fast and without any stories.
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page