Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-06-2014, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Introduction and a few questions...

Hello,

total newb here but am a real "jump in and try it" type so I started putting a system together. I am brand new into projectors and screens and went with the DIY approach. I purchased some "blackout cloth" fabric and stretched it over a frame and was blown away at how good the result was (keep in mind I have little/nothing to compare it to). I am comparing it to a 61" Samsung DLP tv. i I purchased a Benq 1070 and really like it. The questions I have are around the screen.

When I made it, I did not put a black velvet frame around it, just have the edge. I sized the image to fill it exactly ( about 1/4" around that shows nothing). Why do I need a black frame? The wall it is on is a dark brown and the image is not off the screen anywhere.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamorgan3777 View Post
Hello,

total newb here but am a real "jump in and try it" type so I started putting a system together. I am brand new into projectors and screens and went with the DIY approach. I purchased some "blackout cloth" fabric and stretched it over a frame and was blown away at how good the result was (keep in mind I have little/nothing to compare it to). I am comparing it to a 61" Samsung DLP tv. i I purchased a Benq 1070 and really like it. The questions I have are around the screen.

When I made it, I did not put a black velvet frame around it, just have the edge. I sized the image to fill it exactly ( about 1/4" around that shows nothing). Why do I need a black frame? The wall it is on is a dark brown and the image is not off the screen anywhere.

Thanks!
Sounds like you did a great job. Blackout cloth makes for a good screen. No need for a black frame. If you're happy, leave as is.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page