Panasonic 50VT50E or SONY 55W828B; which to buy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic 50VT50E or SONY 55W828B; which to buy?

Can someone please help with my dilemma; for the same cash I can get SONY 55w828b or the 2012 top of the line Panasonic 50vt50e.

I'm coming from a 42g10 and I really liked it, untill the black levels went to crap.

I figure both would be an upgrade, but I really can't decide. The reviews for the vt50 are phenomenal but it's an 2012 model... And the sony is a little bit larger. I'll be watching from some 3 or 3.5 meters.

I'm really only interested in watching bluray movies. Which would suit me better?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlatko View Post
Can someone please help with my dilemma; for the same cash I can get SONY 55w828b or the 2012 top of the line Panasonic 50vt50e.

I'm coming from a 42g10 and I really liked it, untill the black levels went to crap.

I figure both would be an upgrade, but I really can't decide. The reviews for the vt50 are phenomenal but it's an 2012 model... And the sony is a little bit larger. I'll be watching from some 3 or 3.5 meters.

I'm really only interested in watching bluray movies. Which would suit me better?

Thanks!
Hi,

This section is for projector screens, you may want to ask this in the plasma/led tv sections.

Looky here!
post #3 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Is this some sort of software bug? A lot of TV buying questions seem to be popping up in the projector sections.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
Is this some sort of software bug? A lot of TV buying questions seem to be popping up in the projector sections.
I'm betting newer posters that jumped on the first topic that looked appropriate.

Looky here!
post #5 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
Hi. First o all sorry guys.

Second, that's the thing; there's a lot of subforums here; dedicated to LCD, plasma, projectors, high-end projectors, etc. When I saw screens, I figured it's a general section. Perhaps if this subforum said "Projector screens" there would be less confusion.

With hindsight; I see it was a dumb move as now I see the icon beside this subforum and it's clearly a projecor "screen".
post #6 of 6 Old 08-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlatko View Post
Hi. First o all sorry guys.

Second, that's the thing; there's a lot of subforums here; dedicated to LCD, plasma, projectors, high-end projectors, etc. When I saw screens, I figured it's a general section. Perhaps if this subforum said "Projector screens" there would be less confusion.

With hindsight; I see it was a dumb move as now I see the icon beside this subforum and it's clearly a projecor "screen".
An honest mistake. No problem. I just thought there was something going wrong with the forum software since it recently updated.

To answer your original question: Panasonic plasma all the way!
Reply Screens
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page