Draper Argent White XH1500E - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-28-2014, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Draper Argent White XH1500E

Could not find any reviews of this at all anywhere on the web... anyone have experience?

Its a 1.5 gain screen with a claimed wide viewing cone. For an inexpensive 150" setup this sounds like it could possibly be the ticket to getting sufficient brightness. Sounds like it might be similar to Da-Lite's Video Spectra 1.5, which is also extremely difficult to find impressions and reviews of (though the little that I did find is not especially favorable). Both are free-hanging non-tensioned materials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-21-2014, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitagarwal View Post
Could not find any reviews of this at all anywhere on the web... anyone have experience?

Its a 1.5 gain screen with a claimed wide viewing cone. For an inexpensive 150" setup this sounds like it could possibly be the ticket to getting sufficient brightness. Sounds like it might be similar to Da-Lite's Video Spectra 1.5, which is also extremely difficult to find impressions and reviews of (though the little that I did find is not especially favorable). Both are free-hanging non-tensioned materials.
I'm also considering Argent White and can't find any reviews. Have you learned anything more about this surface?

Thanks!
post #3 of 4 Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioexperience View Post
I'm also considering Argent White and can't find any reviews. Have you learned anything more about this surface?

Thanks!
Nope.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I've always assumed that Draper Argent White XH1500E and Da-Lite Video Spectra 1.5 are virtually identical due to their virtually identical descriptions and specs. Both companies will send you small samples of their screen materials, so that would be a good way to know for sure. If you don't want to go to all that trouble, you're probably safe assuming that reviews of Video Spectra 1.5 would also be describing at least the approximate performance you'd get from Argent White XH1500E.
Reply Screens
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page