Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-30-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Screen choice

Hi

I made another thread in the Projector thread (Purchased Sony 40ES)Need advice on Projector,
but since I need a bit of advice specifically on screen I decided to make another thread here.

I've was originally set on fixed Stewart Screen Cima Neve white for my Black dedicated room. However, after looking at my budget I'm thinking about going with something a bit cheaper for now.In my other thread someone mentioned that smooth white screens, any brands really is the same for PQ. So not sure if the premium for Stewart is worth it now.

I started to look at a fixed Carada screens and was wondering what your thoughts are of this brand? I REALLY love that(CIH) Masquerade System they have right now, If I could I would just get that as well ($3500)

So any other ideas? My local retailers suggest Grand-view Screens (half the price of Cima Neve), I believe they have a local manufacturing store where I live.

Also, are these fixed screens Easy to install? I'm not that mechanically inclined so to speak. I usually have to read manuals a few times to get it right.

Forgot to mention, Located in BC Canada. The prices here for any of the items are extremely inflated compared to USA. The Cima Neve for ex almost DOUBLE in price!

Last edited by Cartoys; 08-30-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-31-2014, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 4
The Carada is a excellent screen ' I have the Critertion 110in. Very easy to put togeather' much easier than most others. Also I just got a Silver Ticket 2.35 125in screen on Amazon' Very good price and excellent screen. Takes longer to put togeather but nothing most could not do. Both Smooth White screens. Cant go wrong with either one. The Carada are better buildt and a littel classier looking with the lights on. But viewing wise I cant tell the difference in the dark.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page