Epson 6030 with AT Screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-04-2014, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Epson 6030 with AT Screen?

The build out is starting soon on my finished basement which includes a 12x17 theater/media room. It will be walled on three sides with one 17" side open to the rest of the basement.

I'm planning a false wall with LCR/Subs behind, so I need an AT screen. I plan 2 rows of seating with the front row ~9-10ft from the screen.

Primary usage will be HDTV, Movies and Sports. I suspect that sometimes with sports and HDTV we will have some controlled lighting in the basement.

Right now I'm leading toward a Epson 6030 with a Seymour AV H095 (109") Center Stage XD with Premier Frame ($1141)

So, what does everyone think of this combo and what alternative should I be considering in this price range?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

I guess that given the lack of response here, this is the best option out there?
post #3 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoanz View Post
I guess that given the lack of response here, this is the best option out there?
So sorry you haven't received any responses from anyone. I guess the reason is the same as why i didn't respond.

Your plans are very sound, and i really couldn't think of what you can do better. The only small suggestion i could make is to maybe have your front row a little farther back because the screen texture may be visible at 9 feet. Except for that minor quibble, you look all set.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
So sorry you haven't received any responses from anyone. I guess the reason is the same as why i didn't respond.

Your plans are very sound, and i really couldn't think of what you can do better. The only small suggestion i could make is to maybe have your front row a little farther back because the screen texture may be visible at 9 feet. Except for that minor quibble, you look all set.
ben38,

Thanks for jumping in... screen texture is defiantly a concern, I'm trying to push the front row back as far as I can without killing a minor walk way in-front of the fully reclined back row. At best I may get 10-10.5' ...

The only other consideration would be to drop the AT and go with something like SI Black Diamond. This is my first projector based theater/finished basement, I'm having a hard time predicting how much fully lights out viewing we will be doing.

Thanks again
post #5 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoanz View Post
ben38,

Thanks for jumping in... screen texture is defiantly a concern, I'm trying to push the front row back as far as I can without killing a minor walk way in-front of the fully reclined back row. At best I may get 10-10.5' ...

The only other consideration would be to drop the AT and go with something like SI Black Diamond. This is my first projector based theater/finished basement, I'm having a hard time predicting how much fully lights out viewing we will be doing.

Thanks again
Do you have a sample of CenterStage XD material? If not, call Seymour to request some samples. (as large as they're willing to give you) Before you try to tackle a problem, first see if you have a problem. The XD material might be fine at your planned seating distance. Also ask for some of their non-AT material in case you change your mind about an AT screen. Black Diamonds are for rooms with little to no light control. That won't be the case with your room, so there's no reason to go that route.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
Do you have a sample of CenterStage XD material? If not, call Seymour to request some samples. (as large as they're willing to give you) Before you try to tackle a problem, first see if you have a problem. The XD material might be fine at your planned seating distance. Also ask for some of their non-AT material in case you change your mind about an AT screen. Black Diamonds are for rooms with little to no light control. That won't be the case with your room, so there's no reason to go that route.
I will call Seymour and make that request. Thanks again.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page