Da-Lite High Power alternative help [2.8 gain] - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Da-Lite High Power alternative help [2.8 gain]

I've had a da-lite high power for 4 years. I love the bright image. I do not ever have any hotspotting nor any sparkles. I've been through two screens before arriving at the high power.

Now the problem is my screen is filthy, it has a deep scratch. I desperately need to replace it but no one seems to be carrying the High Power anymore. I placed it an order with THREE different resellers and they all canceled my orders afterwards saying not in stock [great management].

I desperately need a high gain screen with no side effects [hotspotting/sparkles]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
You are not alone in awaiting the return of HP! Apparently there were manufacturing delays from the supplier over which Da-Lite had no control, and they are working on having more HP produced. You can read more about it in this thread: High Power screen material supply issues?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

I read it but, I can't wait any longer. I need to move onto a different brand.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqzitara View Post
I've had a da-lite high power for 4 years. I love the bright image. I do not ever have any hotspotting nor any sparkles. I've been through two screens before arriving at the high power.

Now the problem is my screen is filthy, it has a deep scratch. I desperately need to replace it but no one seems to be carrying the High Power anymore. I placed it an order with THREE different resellers and they all canceled my orders afterwards saying not in stock [great management].

I desperately need a high gain screen with no side effects [hotspotting/sparkles]
Da-Lite left a big hole in the projector screen market when they stopped making high power screens. I still remember my neighbor's 2.8 high power screen some years ago and the beautifully bright picture he could get in his very bright room. He had to replace it for most of the same reasons you're replacing yours. Getting a replacement proved impossible. This dilemma finally pushed him into taking more care in having a better environment for a projector. (better sunlight blocking curtains and an overall darker paint scheme) His new screen (a Firehawk g3) was nowhere near as bright as the high power, but the extra room preparations (and a brighter projector) largely compensated for the difference. He's changed his screen two more times since then, and still whines about how much he misses the high power 2.8.

I doubt that you're going to find any screen to replace your high power 2.8.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

I am willing to move onto something less bright but at same image quality. Projector is in a small room and it would be easy to get it pitch black.
I need something sub $250 at 70x70 [old screen size]

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page