Remodeling home - screen and setup decisions - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Remodeling home - screen and setup decisions

Hello,

I have been reading and reading and would be grateful for any help on making some decisions. I am remodeling my home and planning to put in a theater setup in the main room. It's a small place with an open floor plan but since I've never liked televisions, I'd like to incorporate a projection setup. The screen would be mechanical and it would come down in front of a window. The maximum screen width is 10' and I'd like to keep it about there. Ideally, the projector would be located all the way in the back of the room but that would be 24' - it can be placed closer if necessary. Viewers will be about 14' away. The walls will probably be a lighter color and it may be difficult although not impossible to completely eliminate light because there are lots of windows (although most windows are on the same wall as the screen). Ceiling is 8' high. Primary use will be for movies. As far as the budget, it would be great to get the projector and screen for under $6k but it's negotiable

I appreciate any input you may have on the situation in general, projectors, or screens. Although the screen is the most urgent decision since it has to be built in before the ceiling is closed.

Many thanks for reading and for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-23-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
Hello,

I have been reading and reading and would be grateful for any help on making some decisions. I am remodeling my home and planning to put in a theater setup in the main room. It's a small place with an open floor plan but since I've never liked televisions, I'd like to incorporate a projection setup. The screen would be mechanical and it would come down in front of a window. The maximum screen width is 10' and I'd like to keep it about there. Ideally, the projector would be located all the way in the back of the room but that would be 24' - it can be placed closer if necessary. Viewers will be about 14' away. The walls will probably be a lighter color and it may be difficult although not impossible to completely eliminate light because there are lots of windows (although most windows are on the same wall as the screen). Ceiling is 8' high. Primary use will be for movies. As far as the budget, it would be great to get the projector and screen for under $6k but it's negotiable

I appreciate any input you may have on the situation in general, projectors, or screens. Although the screen is the most urgent decision since it has to be built in before the ceiling is closed.

Many thanks for reading and for the help.
We would be happy to assist you with equipment selection and pricing. A 10' wide electric screen in a room with a lot of ambient light is a tall order for a 6K budget for projector and screen. 24' of throw can also be a problem. Give us a call to discuss.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page