Fabric & Roller Replacement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2014, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fabric & Roller Replacement

I own a Da-Lite tensioned contour electrol screen (67.5 X 120" 16:9 HD 1.1) purchased January 2013. A few months ago horizontal lines began appearing at various points on the screen. They have become increasingly distracting because the picture is also brighter in those areas.

Da-Lite agreed to replace the roller/screen under warranty. The roller/screen alone weighs about 100 pounds so I'm certain it's a two person job. The replacement screen came with written replacement instructions that seem fairly straight forward, but I've never replaced a roller/screen.

I plan to try removing the screen housing cover to see if there's enough room to remove the existing roller/screen. There's not much space between the front of the screen housing cover and acoustic frames hanging from the ceiling just in front (about 1 - 1 1/2 inches).

Has anyone replaced a roller/screen of this size? The replacement instructions caution handling the roller by the metal ends to prevent damage to the fabric. Am I better off paying an installer to do the job?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2132 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	316722