Screen Gain - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Screen Gain

I'm ready to finally purchase a screen but have a question. I think we decided on going with 110" Criterion in the 1.78 ratio. I'm not sure if I should go Cinema White or Brilliant White. I have spent quite a bit of time reading the pros and cons of 1.0 Gain to 1.4 Gain. My room is a dedicated theatre with full light control. I'm using an Epson 8350 projector that is 13' from the screen. The front row eyes are about 13' from the screen and the back row is about 19 and a half feet from the screen. I have a 12" riser for the back row. The ceiling is black and the walls are a dark purple in matte finish. I'll attach a picture for reference. Carpeting which has been installed since picture was taken is a mix of black and grey's.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	510058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	510066  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapel413 View Post
I'm ready to finally purchase a screen but have a question. I think we decided on going with 110" Criterion in the 1.78 ratio. I'm not sure if I should go Cinema White or Brilliant White. I have spent quite a bit of time reading the pros and cons of 1.0 Gain to 1.4 Gain. My room is a dedicated theatre with full light control. I'm using an Epson 8350 projector that is 13' from the screen. The front row eyes are about 13' from the screen and the back row is about 19 and a half feet from the screen. I have a 12" riser for the back row. The ceiling is black and the walls are a dark purple in matte finish. I'll attach a picture for reference. Carpeting which has been installed since picture was taken is a mix of black and grey's.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Chris
White. You have the light control, a reasonably sized screen, and plenty of light for that size screen size. why do you want gain and the image artifacts that go with it?
If you have not seen this screen report, take a read, lot of info to help understand all the aspects that make a good screen.
http://www.accucalhd.com/documents/a...een_report.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page