post #1 of 6 Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Da lite hd pro or Carada BW

Hi

I am debating between da lite hd pro 1.3 and Carada BW with 1.4 gain . Da lite is $400 more. I'd like to use the screen with moderate ambient light. My projector is Epson 5030ub. Could you please recommend one of these two ? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Hi

I am debating between da lite hd pro 1.3 and Carada BW with 1.4 gain . Da lite is $400 more. I'd like to use the screen with moderate ambient light. My projector is Epson 5030ub. Could you please recommend one of these two ? Thanks
I've seen projected screen samples of the hd pro 1.1 and the Carada BW material, and they were very close. I thought the hd pro 1.1 was very slightly brighter, so I'd imagine the 1.3 would be even brighter. Can't comment on which is the better performer from just screen samples, I'm just commenting on the perceived brightness of the materials.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
Quote:
Hi

I've seen projected screen samples of the hd pro 1.1 and the Carada BW material, and they were very close. I thought the hd pro 1.1 was very slightly brighter, so I'd imagine the 1.3 would be even brighter. Can't comment on which is the better performer from just screen samples, I'm just commenting on the perceived brightness of the materials.
Thanks Ben
post #4 of 6 Old 01-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Home Theater Lover

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2666 Post(s)
Liked: 2458
Quote:
Hi

I like the Da Lite HD Pro. material a lot. Call or email us for a quote if you would like.
Roudan likes this.

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
post #5 of 6 Old 01-30-2015, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1527 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Hi

The HD Pro 1.3 is going to be a lot brighter. It is going to be a better option for a moderately ambient lit room.

I used to have the HD Pro 1.1 and found it notably brighter and more vibrant than the Carada BW sample I had which is really not much more than a 1.0 in all reality. The HD Pro 1.1 will have more sparklies though if you are sensitive to such, but many people don't notice and it is a great screen. It comes with a nice heavy duty frame too if you go fixed. The Stewart ST130 would be the best option - the Neve would be very good too.
Roudan likes this.

Last edited by DavidHir; 01-30-2015 at 05:38 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-31-2015, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
The HD Pro 1.3 is going to be a lot brighter. It is going to be a better option for a moderately ambient lit room.

I used to have the HD Pro 1.1 and found it notably brighter and more vibrant than the Carada BW sample I had which is really not much more than a 1.0 in all reality. The HD Pro 1.1 will have more sparklies though if you are sensitive to such, but many people don't notice and it is a great screen. It comes with a nice heavy duty frame too if you go fixed. The Stewart ST130 would be the best option - the Neve would be very good too.
Thanks David, I chatted with Da lite. Why one lady strongly recommended me HDpro 1.1 instead of 1.3 even though I told her it will be used under moderate high ambient lights. Does HD pro 1.3 has hotspot or other problem?

so I am still debating if going with 1.1 or 1.3?
Thanks.

Last edited by Roudan; 01-31-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page