Alternate ways to mount AT screens
So I've never owned a FP before, always owned plasmas, but I am in the planning stages of designing a more serious HT system in the "garden level" of my apartment.
Because it is an apartment--long story but planning to stay here many more years to come--I'd rather not build a false wall, but I guess I could. An acoustically transparent screen setup is a priority, as it will allow me to set up all my equipment including largish DSL SM60Fs behind the screen. I will likely also include a couple subs behind and/or just lower than the screen.
I am most concerned with the screen rocking from sound if it is just hanging from the ceiling in front of the speakers/subs. Has this been a problem for anyone? Is there any clever ways around this issue, or mounting techniques used to maintain stillness?
Obligatory details on plan:
1) likely stream Netflix 60% (PS3), play blu-rays/DVDs 30% (Oppo 105D), various streaming (sports) 10% (PC).
2) seating location has some flexibility but likely ~16' from screen.
3) ceilings are rather low ~7-8'.
4) I think I have room for 120" diagonal screen, likely 1.78:1, but still haven't ruled out 2.35:1.
5) DSL SM60Fs are 21" square, using 3 for LCR.
6) FP hasn't been decided, but Sony VLP-HW40ES is a contender.
7) I have three garden/basement level windows which I will black out/mask/block. The only other ambient light will be rather indirect from the stairs leading down at the back corner which is bit but not a lot. I don't watch a lot during the day anyway, except for sports on the weekend.
8) I don't want to paint the front wall, so I'll likely use black curtains around the screen.
Inspiration would be very appreciated for this FP newb. I've been reading up on all the details of setting up a projector system over the last week or two, wow is there a lot of choices right now.
Oh, and budget wise, it isn't super strict, but would like to keep it to about $5k, but could be persuaded to go to $7-8K if seriously a set up that I would notice.
I am living in Toronto, so I might use Eastporter and they sell only the EluneVision line of screens if I opt for their package. Found one thread on them (which I didn't read fully yet) but no comparison to other highly rated AT screens (e.g. Seymour) was found.
JoshK on most other audio forums