Temporary Screen( Painted Wall ) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-24-1999, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 3M MP8750, 1500 ANSI Lumen DLP showing up in a few hours, if FedEx can drive next 10 miles without screwing up... then again it is Christmas Eve and who knows!!!

Any way, while I will be buying a VuTec Wall screen, I want to experiment where and how big to project on 12' tall, 11' wide wall. Maximum width that I can probably use is 80" without fighting with my wife... so, what sort of paint can I use to paint this wall so that colors are not all that off till I decide on a size and location. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Gireesh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-24-1999, 04:43 PM

FLAT, pure white paint. Also called MATTE. Do not use a gloss paint. You may also find a super white or titanium white paint. Just make sure it is FLAT, not gloss.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-24-1999, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for your help. I guess I will be the only one shopping for paint day after Christmas... I am sure I will be asked "Isn't it kind of late ?". But who cares!

Gireesh.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-2000, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for all your input. I bought a quart of Ralph Lauren Design Studio White Interior Matte for $8.99 from Home Depot. I was very pleased with the results. Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD has lots of whites and solid colors.... I was amazed by the quality of color reproduction by this paint, when combined with 3M-MP8750 projector, which has been quoted as having slight yellowish tint to its white!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 01-07-2000, 07:37 AM

Hi gireesh,

now we are three people (you, Falk and me) having this projector. I hope you enjoy it.

I just mounted my new specially designed Da-Lite cosmopolitan screen (16:9 with a lot of black top and bottom drop and extra wide black masking at the sides) and I am very happy with it. Be sure to have a black masking arround the screen to suppress the slightly bright area around the image. I would certainly recommend to go with a 16:9 screen or when money is no object http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif , with a 4:3 screen and motorized masking from top and bottom to adapt the visable screen to the aspect ratio. This gives a much better appearance of the image.

Emil
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page