Da-lite Highpower--First Impressions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-31-2000, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I just received my 72"x96" Dalite Highpower screen from www.cousinsvideo.com (at an extremely attractive price I might add--with very responsive service). I set it up last night to replace my Bretford 60"x80" high gain (retro-reflective) that was designed for video and was very expensive 5 years ago. Anyway, the Dalite is dynamite. I immediately had to turn down the brightness and contrast on my Barco 800. In fact my reaction was funny. I thought the brightness and contrast had gotten out of wack (set way to high) and was ready for a burn in, so I jumped up and ran to the projector to turn it down, when I realized that it was just the high gain talking ;0). I see no hot spotting, only a slight vignetting (spelling?) where the center of the screen is a hair brighter than the outer edges, but nothing that would be noticeable outside of us HT types. Color shift is minimal. The increase in contrast and color though, is something I will have to tinker with. Almost too dazzling. I now notice the scan lines too, but anamophic is bee-utiful (I'm using a DVDO). Anyway, I thought I'd share this since there were lots of questions about this screen--and yes, I have a floor setup. By the way, I see absolutely NO sparkles. Upon close inspection, the material has extremely fine glass beads and the density is double or better than normal glass bead screens I've seen.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page