changing screen fabric on fixed screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-09-2000, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have on order a Draper Cineperm 106" diagnal scren with M2500 fabric. Should I not be satisfiesd with this high gain material, my plan was to just order the M1300 fabric for a few hundred $$ and replace it. This was in lieu of my original plan for a motorized screen with M2500 for several thousand $$$$$ and, thus, not a cost friendly beast to change fabrics.

I read a post about the Clarion screen fabric change, where Draper advised to replace the frame as well as the fabric. Since I am drilling through the frame to attach it to the wall, this might not work for me.

My call to Draper helped me learn that the Cineperm screen can, indeed, have the fabric screen material switched without any change in the frame.

I also asked if there was a recommended way to attach the snaps onto the frame. He said that it is best to snap the four corners first, and then work toward the center of each side. This seems to be very valuable advice, given the many posts where members have talked about the difficulty of attaching the fabric.

I actually hadn't thought of this. I was going to snap the fabric side by side. He said that this was the more difficult way to do it.

Farewell Voom. Farewell Directv. Farewell Bell Express Vu. Farewell Dish.
Had 6 dishes, now none.
Back to Comcast. Farewell Comcast, now back to Dish 120+HD. Farewell Dish.

Returned to Comcast 06/2012.

Back in the early days, there were just HD demo loops, no programming. Now HD 3D, amazing!

Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page