my cineperm m2500 had arrived - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-23-2000, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My Cineperm 106" diagnal 16:9 screen with M2500 fabric is now mounted on the wall.

Assembling the frame was easy, given the color coding of each frame piece end. We used a hammer and wood block to tap the pieces snuggly together. The frame pieces are also labled "stage right" and "stage left" for proper placement when hanging. (We remembered that stage right is the left side of the screen when you are seated, facing the screen.)

Once we drilled through the frame and firmly attached it to the wall studs with 3" sheet rock grabber screws (being carefull to keep it level, square and plumb), snapping on the fabric was fairly effortless. We did the four corners first, and then easily finished the snapping.

How does it look? Do I have any vertical streak problems? Who knows?

I'm still waiting for my Sony VW 10HT, but our finger shadows look great.

Farewell Voom. Farewell Directv. Farewell Bell Express Vu. Farewell Dish.
Had 6 dishes, now none.
Back to Comcast. Farewell Comcast, now back to Dish 120+HD. Farewell Dish.

Returned to Comcast 06/2012.

Back in the early days, there were just HD demo loops, no programming. Now HD 3D, amazing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2000, 09:04 PM

Liked: 10
Shelly, how did you decide on this screen and gain for the Sony projector? I've read alot of conflicting ideas on the right gain to use since the Sony is so bright. Also, does this screen have the visible snaps on the frame? Would you consider them objectionable for a family room HT? Where did you buy the screen and price? Thanks for any feedback.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-24-2000, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I chose the M2500 fabric because of the many positive comments on this site from users, and despite the hand full of vertical streaking problems reported.

My original plan was for a roll up screen, but was cautioned that the M2500 did not take kindly to being rolled up--horizontal streaking called, I think, stair casing, would result.

And the fixed Cineperm was a few thousand $$ less than the Draper tensioned electric roll up model.

And if I became completely dissatisfied with the M2500 material, I could replace the fabric for the M1300 for under $250 sometime in the future.

I still don't have the projector, but did shine my flashlight which uses 7 small lcd's instead of a traditional bulb. It floods the =screen with a bright white light. What I saw is disturbing me.

There's a lot of pattern in the screen material--some looks like horizontal tread marks that a tire might leave, others are vertical patterns that could show up as streaking. And worst of all--and this is noticeable without any light shining on the screen--is a crease/scar on the bottom center of the fabric, about 8" long, that looks like a thin raised welt, yet the fabric is smooth. I unsnapped that part of the screen, ran my finger along the crease, and it flattened but would not hold. Once I took my finger away, it was still there.

How all of this will affect the picture is still unknown., I am trying to brorrow a friend's Dreamvision projector to check it out. I will probably ask Draper for a replacement just because of the permanent crease. But my real concern would be any veatical streaking, based on the patterning that I saw.

The snaps are not at all objectionable, and passed my wife's inspection. They are black and blend in with the masking. We still plan to hang a curtain over the screen as it is imposing being exposed in our living room.

AVscience store sells this screen for $495 plus shipping. It would be unethical, in my opinion, to promote any other dealer on this web site. they do not, however, plan to sell the Sony VW 10HT, so I ordered it from MVS from thebigpicture site.

Farewell Voom. Farewell Directv. Farewell Bell Express Vu. Farewell Dish.
Had 6 dishes, now none.
Back to Comcast. Farewell Comcast, now back to Dish 120+HD. Farewell Dish.

Returned to Comcast 06/2012.

Back in the early days, there were just HD demo loops, no programming. Now HD 3D, amazing!

post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2000, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Shelly,

I've had a couple of screens now, including my current M2500 screen. I've had lumpy folds/crimps in the screen material from them being rolled up and shipped. It takes a couple days of the fabric being tensioned to smooth out, but I've had good results.

As far as streaking goes, I haven't see it, so I can't comment about the problem.

-Dean.
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page