Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Do I Need a New Screen

I am upgrading from a 2D to a 2D/3D projector. My question is this, do I need a new screen for since I will be watching 3D now as well as 2D? I watch very little 3D but when I do I would like to watch a good quality 3D picture. I am either buying the Panny 8000 or Sony 40ES projector. My screen now is one I painted on the wall using the high quality screen paint which looks absolutely beautiful. My room is 17.5W x 17.5L, seating distance is about 14'-15' from my 120" (viewing area) screen. Thanks so much for your input and advice.

Thank you.

Golffnutt

"GO DAWGS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by golffnutt View Post
I am upgrading from a 2D to a 2D/3D projector. My question is this, do I need a new screen for since I will be watching 3D now as well as 2D? I watch very little 3D but when I do I would like to watch a good quality 3D picture. I am either buying the Panny 8000 or Sony 40ES projector. My screen now is one I painted on the wall using the high quality screen paint which looks absolutely beautiful. My room is 17.5W x 17.5L, seating distance is about 14'-15' from my 120" (viewing area) screen. Thanks so much for your input and advice.
If it looks fine in 2d it will look fine in 3D Only think that is beneficial to 3D is gain since the glasses can knock out a HUGE amount of your light. Just wait to give it a try before you worry about a screen.
High gain screens have issues of their own and the benefits have to be weight against these drawbacks that can effect 2d as well so take your time, get the projector and get comfit with what you have.

Doug
Planar PD8150 paired with a Dalite HP 2.8 110"
http://www.airscapesart.com

post #3 of 3 Old Today, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
If it looks fine in 2d it will look fine in 3D Only think that is beneficial to 3D is gain since the glasses can knock out a HUGE amount of your light. Just wait to give it a try before you worry about a screen.
High gain screens have issues of their own and the benefits have to be weight against these drawbacks that can effect 2d as well so take your time, get the projector and get comfit with what you have.
Thanks airscapes. I really appreciate the reply and info. Have a great day.

Thank you.

Golffnutt

"GO DAWGS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page