AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,
I have been trying to make my own screen. I have tried the following

a) Sherwin William Luminous White
- This was very good. The images were very vidid, however the color black and some of the colors didn't seem quite right. I also could not get the painted screen to be equal and smooth across the entire screen. This led to an an uneven picture.

b) I also tried the the black out fabric. This was better. The colors seem deeper (In Bugs life , blues seem a little deeper.)

Finally I called a local store and they had the SharpVision Glass Bead 100" manual pull down screen for $199. At first , I was going back and forth. I went to the store and they didnt have it on display. I decide to get it anyway. When I first unpacked it and looked at the screen I thought I made a big mistake. I then decided to install it (20 minutes) and count my loses.
WOW!!!!!!!! It totally blew me away. The colors seem deeper and truer. My wife
(even my son watching Pokemon DVD said it looked great)commented how the colors were richer and the black were the best we had ever seen. We demo about 6 dvd and each was better than before. We were very exited.
One draw back was because it is glass bead gain of 2.5 , once you moved away from the center, left or right, the picture dimmed. But it was still great (My room is 12 by 25 so having a high gain screen isnt as bad IMHO).
There may be better screens but this was the best investment I made. I can easily live with this quality. To me it seems better than what I have seen at Hi-Fi stores. I was going to save up for a Stewart but I will save my money.
For the money the quality is much better than I had expected. I hope that you guys will look into it or give some feed back.

To be honest I saw a Da-Lite 84" (not sure what model) and the store and I am more impressed by the SharpVision. Please note that they were demoing the SharpVision 55U projector on the Da-Lite screen. The quality is bad compared to what I am use to from the Davis + mpact2 and my painted wall.

I have
Davis DLP 450
Mpact2 DVD card

I am dancing and singing........
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page