Interesting email from Draper.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2000, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I requested samples by email, which were shipped 4/13. I also posed a few questions to Draper, to help me narrow my choices.

One of those involved the M1300 vs M2500. I am installing the 1500 lumen D-ILA. Interestingly, after asking about the two surfaces with my projector, the rep had the following response:

"I would suggest M1300 surface. Hotspotting may occur with the M2500, when using a projector with over 1000 ansi lumens."

Now, I will have a vertical offset to my screen (it's going to be mounted a bit higher than optimal), but thought I would pass this on to the collective, given all the discussion re the M2500 screens. Make of it what you will.

I was very pleased with the prompt and detailed responses, however. I recommend that if you have questions, fire away at the screen people in general -- they are extremely customer-focused and happy to answer questions.

Joel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2000, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Joel,

I think the Draper rep was right on with his statement. I have a CRT projector and I use the Draper M2500 and I love it. However, I have seen a DLP projector used on the M2500 fabric, and this projector was definitely way too bright with this material. If you plan to use a DLP or D-ILA projector, then your best bet is most likely a low gain screen.

------------------
DMan
The Academy Home Theater