Mounting a Stewart screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-01-2000, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered a Stewart screen yesterday, and they FAXed me a confirmation sheet which included drawings and all the measurements. There are three vertical "struts" with L-shaped brackets at each end. The "L"s attach to the frame, and each vertical piece attaches to the wall (2 screw holes). Because of a strip of wood trim moulding that's on my wall, I have to either rip it off the wall, or modify the vertical piece. How exactly is the mount constructed? Is it all one piece, or could the vertical piece be removed and just the "L"s attached directly to the wall? What is the material ... metal or wood? Could it be easily cut so I could just position the two halves above and below the molding? Thanks

------------------
Tom

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-02-2000, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tom,

The brackets that come with a stewart screen really shouldn't be modified.

The two screw holes that hold the brackets to the wall can be repositioned.If you have already attached wood strips (in the hortizontal plane) to your wall, then all you have to do is re-drill new screw holes in the brackets.

This is not the time to take short cuts. Do it right so no problems will present themselves in the future.

When do correctly, you mount the brackets to the wall, then you hang the screen on the brackets by seating the bottom first, then pushing the screen towards the wall so it fits under the top "L" shaped metal piece that is attached to the bracket. Then put in the nuts that screw into the screen frame on the top and bottom and you are done.

Lee
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page