Screen For Sony 1271 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2000, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I`m ceiling mounting my Sony 1271 and have used PJcalc to determine the distance for an 84" Screen but I`m having a problem deciding on the size of screen to purchase.

Obviously it has to be at least 84" wide, but what depth? The screen needs to be a ceiling mounted pull down due to the room shape and other considerations.

But looking at the diagrams produced from PJCalc at 16:9 the screen would need to be 62" from the top of the projector, however if it is ceiling mounted then I have to take into account the depth of the mounting bracket itself which is about 12" giving a depth of 74". Am I right in this conclusion?

If so then I cannot seem to be able to find a suitable screen of approx these dimensions.

I can get Dalite Video Spectra screens at 152 x 203cm, 175 x 234cm, 114 x 203cm, 132 x 234cm, 213 x 213cm and 244 x 244cm. The company selling these has ssaid that it may be possible to have the screen manufactured with an extra 12" or so of black material at the top of the screen.

Have you and recommendations?

Thanks

Stuart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2000, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Has no one any ideas, I want to order this screen ASAP?
Old 08-27-2000, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
sseed,

You can get the da-lite screen made in any dimension. Also, they will put a black header or trailer on it for you for the same cost per square foot as the white. I have had all of my screens made with 13" headers.

When I mounted my 1271 on the ceiling I just used the diagrams in the manual and a calculator and it worked fine. You know the old ratio formula...x/y=x1/y1.

Jack

Jack
Old 08-29-2000, 05:52 PM

I would strongly suggest the Draper M2500 screen like I use with my Sony 1272. It is available in any dimension you want.

------------------
You can email me at: tmorrow at us dot oracle dot com

Old 08-30-2000, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

sseed, I am not sure but the screens can be customized, but an 84 inch screen should be standard. I believe that would be about 63 inches for a 4:3 ratio and 47 inches for a 16:9 screen. If you want to position the picture lower than the top of the wall you can get additional drop added to the screen, but I think most come with 12 inches or so.....check out the sites www.vutecusa.com (I think) draper and dalite, as well. Alan of AVS also may be able to answer your questions, so you can email him.....

------------------
gordf

gordf