Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-30-2000, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter
Rgb
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I've been using a 96" wide Da Lite Model B matte white manual pull-down screen for over a year now with a Mits XGA LCD 600 lumen projector.

In most cases, this set up has worked very well. However, I would like to improve black level and black detail in dark movies and dark scenes.

Experimenting with a screen sample pack from Da-Lite the past few weeks, I believe that a 2-2.5 gain gray screen might do the trick.
The screen sample pack contained only approx 7"x8" samples of High Power, Glass Bead, and Cinema Vision, I believe.

My point here is that I'd like to experiment with home made 92" wide 16:9 screens made with either painted drywall or painted sheets/blackout material pulled over a wood perimeter frame made of 1"x4"'s.

My "DoE" (Design of Experiments) ought to include various shades of white to gray, of varying flatness/glossiness, and possible additives to the paint to vary gain.

I would like suggestions on paint brands and gray level/color, as well as suggestions for additives to the screen paint to increase *and* decrease gain.

Has anyone tried adding some form of glass beads/reflective flakes into paint to increase gain?

What about decreasing the sheen of high-gloss paint on cloth to eliminate hot-spotting?

Practical/low cost ideas using readily available materials and additives are appreciated!

[This message has been edited by Rgb (edited 11-30-2000).]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page