This idea of a DIY screen sounds interesting. I would like to try the quick and cheap option of turning an area of a wall into a screen. The wall is drywall that is painted with an off-white (the paint probably contains small amounts of yellow and red) with a satin finish.
I would use a flat, ultrapure white paint as suggested in this forum for other DIY screens.
1. Do I need to sand the surface smooth?
2. How many coats of paint should be necessary?
3. I am not expecting to need to use a primer. Is this a valid assumption?
4. What type of roller would be best?
5. There will be a lot of ambient light at times. What can I do to minimize the effects of the light?