Draper Clarion M1300 and Sony VW10HT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2000, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need to get a screen for my new Sony VW10HT projector and a local store is recommending the Draper Clarion M1300 84-incher for about $849.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with this combination? I've looked around at the various postings and on the VW10HT-specific sites and don't see many specific postings about this screen with the Sony.

Also, any input on the price? Would be standard black aluminum variety.

Thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2000, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I use the Draper M1300 with my Sony 10HT. the screen is totally free of defects and it's 1.3 gain mates well with the projector in cinema Black mode. It's bright enough to watch movies with light on. but, of course, things always look better in dark room.

I have the fixed cineperm frame. Check out avscience store or mvs on sony projector site for best prices. Self installation, of course.

Farewell Voom. Farewell Directv. Farewell Bell Express Vu. Farewell Dish.
Had 6 dishes, now none.
Back to Comcast. Farewell Comcast, now back to Dish 120+HD. Farewell Dish.

Returned to Comcast 06/2012.

Back in the early days, there were just HD demo loops, no programming. Now HD 3D, amazing!

post #3 of 3 Old 12-08-2000, 04:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by DKW:
I need to get a screen for my new Sony VW10HT projector and a local store is recommending the Draper Clarion M1300 84-incher for about $849.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with this combination? I've looked around at the various postings and on the VW10HT-specific sites and don't see many specific postings about this screen with the Sony.

Also, any input on the price? Would be standard black aluminum variety.

Thanks in advance
I have the Stewart StudioTek 130 for my 10HT. I just upgraded from a 4:3 72" fixed to a 94" 16:9 that electrically rolls up when not in use. The studiotek material is great with the sony. I have the Dish network 6000 receiver and watch HD on the Stewart from the Sony at both 720P and 1080i and it looks terrific... Like looking through a big window.

Fixed screen Stewart StudioTek 130's are around $1000 at that 84" size last time I checked...

------------------
EricN
longbow@gate.net
"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike"

EricN
"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike"

HT: Denon 4311CI, Denon DVD-5900, M&K S-150's LCR & ss-150's SL & SR, SVS PB12+, Oppo-BDP-83, Sony Cineza LCD, Stewart StudioTek 130 92"

2 Ch: MacMini,W4S DAC2 DSDse,VPI Scout 1.1&Dynavector 10X5,Cary SLI-80&Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures II's

Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page