Anyone out there using the Enlightor-Bright screen? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Old 03-14-2015, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Anyone out there using the Enlightor-Bright screen?

I've tested Enlightor-Bright (EN-B) and Enlightor-4K (EN4K) using small samples. I'm planning a 140"w 2.35 screen and will sit a little over 12 feet away. From that distance I could not see the texture of the EN-B (which is significantly more textured than the EN4K, but I couldn't really see the texture after about 10 feet).

Given my relatively large screen I highly prefer the higher gain of the EN-B, which is approximately 32% brighter than the EN4K (I measured the samples). The EN-B material is spot washable and feels more durable than the EN4K, which I consider a bonus.

From my testing on a VW95 at 1080p I definitely preferred the EN-B considering it was brighter and I couldn't see the texture. However, this was at 1080p on a pj putting out just 300-some lumens. When I go to a 4K projector such as the VW600 or VW1100 I am wondering if the bright image (1500+ lumens) is going to make the EN-B texture more visible. Also I'm wondering if the EN-B will do as good of a job with 4K as it seems to do with 1080p. I wonder because with the pixels for 4K being 1/4 the size it seems like there could be more opportunity for the pixels to lay on the texture a bit differently and perhaps make the texture more visible in the process.

Does anyone out there have the EN-B screen, and if so, are you using it with 4K? What size is it and how do you like it? There seem to be a fair number of people out there that have the EN4K, but I'm not finding much mention at all in AVS threads about the EN-B...

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 03-21-2015, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 221
if the room is deep enough to maintain the same viewing distance, you could try placing the sample the sample closer to the screen to get the brightness up

post #3 of 3 Old 03-21-2015, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 155
The Enlightor Bright is very similar to Seymour's Centerstage XD. You will find a lot of opinions on the XD and that should give you a good idea.
Sponsored Links
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page