Stewart Screen - Screen Trigger Interface - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking of buy a Stewart Luxus Model A Electriscreen with the screen trigger Interface. I contacted Stewart and they faxed me the wiring diagram. The diagram shows a 2-conductor hook-up cable , 22ga minimum (not supplied). Does anyone know where I can get that cable (10' to 15' long)? Does anyone know the size of the plugs that screen transformer takes ( 3.5 mm mini mono ,1/4" plugs, etc.). I am planning to buy the DWIN Transvision DLP projector. The cable will be connected to one of the two 12v screen outputs in the video controller. Does anyone the size of the plug that the video controller takes. Can anyboby help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Hi Jose

I don't know what type of plugs/connections are necessary, but I'll take a shot at the wire. I suggest using regular "thermostat" wire. It is 18-20 ga. and available at any home store. It is rated to be pulled in-wall. It is also very inexpensive.

Catagory 5 or the like is 24 ga., which is not as heavy as the specified wire.

Good luck

Jeff Streitz
Iowa City, IA
(the guy that bought your 2-pairs of BIC in-walls)

Jeff
post #3 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Don,

I just purchased a Stewart Horizontal Screenwall Electrimask Model and the unit comes with 2 High Voltage Wall switches for the masking panels. Can I purchase an IR controller unit at a later date and add it on, or is this something that has to be ordered with the screen and cannot be changed at a later date?

Thank you,

------------------
DMan
The Academy Home Theater
post #4 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DMan:
Don,

I just purchased a Stewart Horizontal Screenwall Electrimask Model and the unit comes with 2 High Voltage Wall switches for the masking panels. Can I purchase an IR controller unit at a later date and add it on, or is this something that has to be ordered with the screen and cannot be changed at a later date?

Thank you,

DMan,

You can add it at anytime.
The unit that you ordered has two motors, one for the top masking and one for the bottom masking. The basic unit comes standard with high voltage switching. For IR control we add an outboard low voltage circuit for each motor. The low voltage motor switching boxes have an IR port and can be ordered with with a hand control or the codes can be programmed into a master IR control system. You can wire the motors pigtails into the boxes terminal strips with a screwdriver in 5 minutes or less. Its an easy add on.
Regards,
Don

post #5 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 09:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
DMan, you are gonna just luuvvvvvvvvvvvvv your new screen!
As I luvvvvvv my Electrimask Stewart screen, too. The screen is the only part of my totally wired home theater that my wife likes!!!

------------------
Steve Bruzonsky

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #6 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 09:05 PM

Almost any type of 2 strand wire will work here. The trigger's relay coil requires only 3.5 Ma. The screen trigger comes with two 3.5mm/ 1/8'' mono plugs so you can make a cable on sight. Most projectors use this connector as well.
Regards,
Don
post #7 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Don,

Thank you very much for the info.! I can't wait for this screen to get here! Your screens are second to none, and it took me finally seeing one to see what all the fuss was about. Thanks again!

Steve,

You played a very vital role in my decision with your wonderful descriptions of your new Stewart screen. I really appreciate all your help and information.

Thanks again,

------------------
DMan
The Academy Home Theater
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page