Size of Stewart fixed screen borders? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-22-2001, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me what is the width of the black borders of Stewart fixed screens? If you order a 54" x 72" or 60" x 80" fixed screen, what is the actual length and width of the screen?

Thanks.

------------------
Walter

Walter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-22-2001, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Stewart measures their screens by the actual image area, not by the outside of the frame like other screen manufacturers. Also, their are two different frame versions for Stewart fixed screens. First is the Stewart Luxus which has a 1.5" frame, and the second is the Stewart Luxus Deluxe which has a 3.25" beveled frame.

So you simply decide which version frame you want and add the appropriate frame dimensions around the screen size to figure out the outside frame dimensions.

Also, you can have Stewart add their Ve-Lux material to the frame which is a black velvet material that absorbs all light and makes razor sharp edges against the screen's image area.

------------------
DMan
The Academy Home Theater

Darren Alcorn (DMan)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-23-2001, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DMan:
Stewart measures their screens by the actual image area, not by the outside of the frame like other screen manufacturers. Also, their are two different frame versions for Stewart fixed screens. First is the Stewart Luxus which has a 1.5" frame, and the second is the Stewart Luxus Deluxe which has a 3.25" beveled frame.

Also, you can have Stewart add their Ve-Lux material to the frame which is
Thank you for your reply. I did not seem to find any info about the Luxus Deluxe on their website only the ordinary Luxus which has the 1.5" border. This had me a bit confused since the Stewart screens I saw had more than 1.5" borders.

Does anyone have an idea how much a 54" x 72" cost?

Don (or anyone who knows),

Is it possible to order a custom size 16:9 screen? The narrowest width that is posted on the Stewart Film website is 87" and I can only have up to 80" width (including borders), that is why I'm considering the 4:3 54" x 72" screen. Thanks.

------------------
Walter

Walter
post #4 of 7 Old 01-23-2001, 09:01 PM

It is my understanding, after talking to the Stewart people on the phone, that all their screens are custom made, and you will have no difficulty,nor pay any premium, if you have it made to exactly your size.
For example, I wanted a 56x99.5 instead of a 54x96 screen, and the extra cost was very reasonable, based on the increased area.
Good luck,
Chazz
post #5 of 7 Old 01-23-2001, 09:41 PM

Thank you Dman...I could not have said it better.
Don
post #6 of 7 Old 01-24-2001, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Walter,

As chazz said, Stewart custom cuts every screen they sell, so a custom size is not a problem at all. And concerning the Stewart Luxus Deluxe frame, I believe it is on their website, though you may have to dig through the site to find it. But it is a 3.25" frame that bevels towards the screen's image area. It is simply an option that most people seem to be going with as it does appear to enhance the image. Highly recommmended!

------------------
DMan
The Academy Home Theater

Darren Alcorn (DMan)

post #7 of 7 Old 01-27-2001, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DMan:
Walter,

As chazz said, Stewart custom cuts every screen they sell, so a custom size is not a problem at all. And concerning the Stewart Luxus Deluxe frame, I believe it is on their website, though you may have to dig through the site to find it. But it is a 3.25" frame that bevels towards the screen's image area. It is simply an option that most people seem to be going with as it does appear to enhance the image. Highly recommmended!
OK, I got the impression that Stewart screens had pre-cut sizes at the favtory. Their website posted some standard sizes for different types of screens that's why I thought screens were pre-cut.

------------------
Walter

Walter
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page