AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Screens (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/)
-   -   Stewart screen total size (vs. viewable)? (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/19404-stewart-screen-total-size-vs-viewable.html)

PaulG 02-06-2001 12:37 PM

Calling Stewart screen owners...

I'm looking at a 16:9 96x54 Lexus Snapper with StudioTek 130 screen. The screen will be wall-mounted. Can anyone help me with the actual dimensions of this screen (vs. viewable)? What if I add Velux borders? Does that increase the screen's outside dimensions? By what? Can I add Velux later if I deem it necessary?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm installing the screen over a 100% permanently light blocked window and will need to find a way (using Velux or some kind of velvet border of my own creation) to completely cover the 60" high window frame with the screen. I'm trying to go with a plan that affords as much flexibility as possible, as I won't know just how much window frame I'll have to cover until I've got a vertical position figured for the screen.

Any info on the questions above is much appreciated!

Thanks!
-Paul

petew 02-06-2001 04:11 PM

Have you contacted Stewart about your requirements? They're the experts and seem eager to solve problems. Jason at AVS could probably help you too, but he's pretty hammered quoting Greyhawk screens since they have a discount going.

Don Stewart 02-06-2001 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Gere:
Calling Stewart screen owners...

I'm looking at a 16:9 96x54 Lexus Snapper with StudioTek 130 screen. The screen will be wall-mounted. Can anyone help me with the actual dimensions of this screen (vs. viewable)? What if I add Velux borders? Does that increase the screen's outside dimensions? By what? Can I add Velux later if I deem it necessary?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm installing the screen over a 100%
permanently light blocked window and will need to find a way (using Velux or some kind of velvet border of my own creation) to completely cover the 60" high window frame with the screen. I'm trying to go with a plan that affords as much flexibility as possible, as I won't know just how much window frame I'll have to cover until I've got a vertical position figured for the screen.

Any info on the questions above is much appreciated!

Thanks!
-Paul
Dear Paul,

You can order a fixed frame with 2 different models.
The standard frame is a shawdow box design with 1.5" borders.
The frame dims on a 54" by 96" viewing size would be 57" by 99"
The Deluxe frame has a beveled design with 3.25 inch borders.
The overall frame dims would be 60.5 by 102.5"
The velux material will add about 1/8" to the above sizes.
Regards,
Don