ceiling/color - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2001, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to paint my ceiling gray because I am going to paint my walls a very dark green or burgundy or maybe wallpaper, could you tell me what color gray I should go with and how dark and what manufacture and formula I should use.. I do lot of shopping at home depot. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-02-2001, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Kenh,
I dont think it really matters too much how dark you paint the ceiling. Movie thetarers use black and if you are gutzy enough you can even use black.

Just find a color that will blend in the room real nice and will help darken the room some. If the room is too dark you can then go a bit further with your design and add a few wall sconce lights. They make a great accent to any theater room and wont be too hard to add or too expensive if you need to bring in a pro.

I am thinking of leaving my ceiling white for the time being and just painting the walls a red sandy color. It will be a lighter then maroon red.

If there is still too much light in the room I will then opt to paint the ceiling a darker color, mabey black!!!!!! I am too scared to do that right off the bat because if I eventually need to sell the house it might be a bear to paint over the black!
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page