Don, when are larger Grayhawks coming? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-07-2001, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don,

I signed up for the special Grayhawk deal, only to find out the material is now available only up to a 116" width. Unfortunately, this was just an inch or two too narrow for my installation. When are the 118" and wider sizes going to be available? I am interested in the LX135HD.

Thanks!

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-07-2001, 06:59 PM

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jsnable:

Don,

I signed up for the special Grayhawk deal, only to find out the material is now available only up to a 116" width. Unfortunately, this was just an inch or two too narrow for my installation. When are the 118" and wider sizes going to be available? I am interested in the LX135HD.

Thanks!

Jay
</font>
Dear Jay.

Some how you received some inaccurate information. The Grayhawk screens are available in sizes up to 8'6"" high by 40 feet wide in fixed screens and little over 6 feet high by 20 feet wide on electric roll up screen models. We can actually make a custom electric roll up with a 7 foot high image if you can live without normal 12 inches of black drop above the image.
In other words, the way we calculate maximum height of a GrayHawk electric roll up screen is 88 inches of screen material out of case "including" any black drop above the screen. A standard 135 diag HD screen is 66 inches by 118 inches. Unless you need more than 18 inches of black drop it is a piece of cake.

Regards,
Don

[This message has been edited by Don Stewart (edited 03-07-2001).]
post #3 of 7 Old 03-07-2001, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Don,

I do think there is some confusion and perhaps it is with the software used for your quotes. I originally requested and received a quote for a 66"x118" (135.25" diag) Vertical ElectriScreen ElectriMask. This is shown as on valid size here: http://www.stewartfilm.com/pdf/vesem.pdf linked to from here http://www.stewartfilm.com/new/default.htm .

The 'screen material' marked incorrectly 'Ultramatte 130'. When I corrected that they then told me that the GrayHawk didn't come in that size and I believe they said the software would not let them enter it. Subsequently, I have ordered a 65.25x116" (133" diag).

I can live with it but I just wanted to let you know that something is up and the other gentleman might have run into the same issue. My quote is from Cherie (or Cherle) S at Stewart. (Quote number S466301030001)

Your presents here is most appreciative and is a big reason how I got to "know" Stewart and choose Stewart.

Sincerely, Scott Fauque

P.S. I didn't think this would matter but just in case my masking is TOP: 2, BOTTOM: 11 and SIDE: 4.

Scott Fauque (F200) - - - Fauque's PMT (Personal Movie Theater) (as of 26-Nov-2001)
Good timber does not grow with ease; the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees. -- J. Willard Marriott
Good HTs do not get built with ease; the harder to build, the better to please. -- me
post #4 of 7 Old 03-07-2001, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Don,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going with the standard drop so I am fine. It was actually Jason here at AVScience that received the info from Stewart. I will get in touch with him and see if I can reclaim the discount http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif.

I guess I will be spending my tax refund on a screen after all!

Jay
post #5 of 7 Old 03-07-2001, 10:42 PM

[quote]Originally posted by jsnable:
[b]Don,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going with the standard drop so I am fine. It was actually Jason here at AVScience that received the info from Stewart. I will get in touch with him and see if I can reclaim the discount http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif.

I guess I will be spending my tax refund on a screen after all!

I'll stand behind you on the extended discount and I am sure Jason will too. Jason...are you there?
Regards,
Don

[This message has been edited by Don Stewart (edited 03-08-2001).]
post #6 of 7 Old 03-07-2001, 10:46 PM

Dear Scott,
Thanks for the heads up on the software. I will have them run those screen numbers as you posted and will see what pops up.
Sincerely,
Don
post #7 of 7 Old 03-08-2001, 06:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Don,
If you can give me the go ahead for Jay Snable on the discount, I'll can dig up his quote and process the order. Give me a call if you have any questions. Thanks again!

------------------
Jason Turk
AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com
716-454-1460
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page