Newbie asks how to fill a 16:9 screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-12-2001, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
I'm very new at this (just set up my first projector on Friday) so thanks in advance for your patience!

I have a 16:9 Studiotek 130 on order to go with my newly purchased Marquee 8000 CRT and Quadscan processor. To get them up & running, I've been firing at a white wall, but I want to determine vertical screen placement on the wall for when the Stewart arrives.

To determine my image size for the new screen, I've been shooting 16:9, anamorphic and 4:3 images at the wall. Here's my hypothesis (please correct if wrong!): If I shoot a "widescreen" image at my screen, I can expect black bars top & bottom. If I shoot an anamorphic widescreen, I can expect the image to fill the full 16:9 screen. If I shoot a 4:3 image, the Quadscan will stretch the image (via. 4:3 letterbox mode) to fill a full 16:9 screen.

If all of the above are correct, I can determine where I'll want to place my new screen. If I'm wrong, please let me know where so I can revise the assumptions I'm using to establish an accurate vertical placement of the screen on the front wall.

Thanks!
-Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-12-2001, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You're correct, except that 4:3 letterbox mode won't fill the whole screen, it will have black bars left and right.

------------------
We have to belive in free will. We have no choice.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page