[DIY] Custom motorized screen, help wanted - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-29-2001, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi !

I'll be moving out of my appartment in july (and into a new one). The location for my future screen is in front of a window, so the fixed-frame one I own is going for retirement.

I plan to build a drop-down one, motorized would be perfect, so that I could control It via X10.

My reflexions brought me... not too far : I think I'll go for a 4:3 frame, with black borders and a large black portion on top (since my ceiling is high and my proj is low in its table). I somehow thought of adding a full-black screen on a second roll, so as to make a 16:9 frame whenever wanted, by moving the 4/3 one a bit and hiding the top "black bar" with my second (black) screen.

What I'm looking for is (of course) the mechanism. I looked around and found some cheap shades mechanisms, on which I could manage to hook some motors.

What do you think ?

------------------
Marc-Etienne HUNEAU
mehuneau@free.fr

Marc-Etienne HUNEAU
French Custom Installer
Projection, In-Wall, Acoustics, Multi-room...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page