Da-lite Hipower w/ Ceiling Mounted Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-07-2001, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've read and been told that it's not a good idea to use a hipower, hi-gain screen with a ceiling mounted projector because the light will reflect right off the screen into the viewer's eyes. I don't quite understand why that wouldn't also be true of a floor mounted projector, but apparently a hipower with ceiling mount is not recommended. Does anyone disagree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-07-2001, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The hi-power is retro reflective which means that the light is bounced back at the angle it is received. This is why the high power rejects ambient light so well (if the light isn't coming from near the users eyes, it won't be bounced as strongly towards the users eyes)

If you ceiling mount the projector, the 2.5 gain will be headed back to the ceiling. However the gain drop off is noticeable but not *HUGE*, you will still get a fantastic picture with a ceiling mounted projector, just not the full potential of the screen.

If you ARE going to ceiling mount, and want a high gain you could look at the Draper m2500 (although there are many reported problems with it).

Stewart of course also makes many fantastic screens for any application. (Thats what I'm saving up for)

------------------
All your bases are belonging to us since 1902...

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page