newbie help - cheap DIY 110" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-13-2001, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello all... currently I'm working at finishing a media room in the basement. I've got a pretty nice flat brick wall on the northside that I was hoping to not finish with the thinking that I could mount some furrings strips and hang a screen and then build some columns on either side to house speakers, hide the rest of the brick and dress it all up a bit. So, back to these furring strips... I got them hung there now and just because it's a complete eyesore to watch anything on white colored cinder block, I hung up a bed sheet. It works but I figure I gotta be losing a ton of brightness and PQ, natch. So, I was given one of those old auditorium pulldowns yesteday and did some comparison and without a doubt, my suspicions were verified... I need a screen. Unfortunately this pulldown I got is 5.5 x 6. I'm looking for something more in the 8 x 6 range and of course being the financially deprived soul that I am, I need to keep it real inexpensive (hence the bed sheet in the first place http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ). I did do some checking and have seen all sorts of goodies but all of which are outta my price range. Is there anything, a material maybe I haven't seen, that I could stretch across my furring strips to achive a better representation of picture in my theater? Thanks.

------------------
c b j
www.rootbeerkid.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-13-2001, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

bah! Sorry... I posted this thread before finding the existing "best fabric..." thread.

But I do have another question... in that thread several people are speaking about joining materials... what is the best way to do this? Be it fabric or the foam board mentioned.

thanks again.

------------------
c b j
www.rootbeerkid.com
post #3 of 3 Old 07-13-2001, 10:44 AM

I think you best bet is here: http://www.grant-ent.com/dalite/wscreens19.htm

Joining materials and not getting a seam is next to impossible. And balckout fabric is only ~54"~ or so high, so if you really need a screen 72" high, cut to size may be your best bet.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page