How to ceiling mount pull down screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-12-2001, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With the LT150 getting so cheap, I am seriously starting to think about getting a projector and setting up a pull-down screen in front of my KLW-9000 rear projection display for when I want a bigger image. I was wondering though, how does one mount a screen to a drywall ceiling if there isn't a beam at that location? My beams run parallel to where I would mount the screen and I really would like the screen to come down right in front of my display. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-14-2001, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

I wall mounted a 100 inch Draper Cineperm with toggle bolts. Works great in drywall.

True bravery is arriving home late after a boy's night out, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and still having the guts to ask: Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2001, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Moly expansion fastners also work well in drywall. For something heavy on the ceiling I'd be more tempted to toenail or screw a 2x4 stud at right angles in between the ceiling beams at the needed location. Screws are probably less likely to crack the plaster. No worries about any weight within reason then and less likely to sag.

------------------
Les

Les
post #4 of 4 Old 07-15-2001, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on getting a manual pull down screen so using studs seems like it would be safest. However, I noticed that Dalite makes a screen that might work well for me without having to deal with ceiling mounting at all. It's the Delux Insta-Theater that takes little floor space and pulls up from the ground. Any experiences or comments on this screen? It runs about $400 so it's quite a bit more expensive but may be worth it to save my ceiling.

[This message has been edited by pham (edited 07-15-2001).]
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page