DIY screen from aluminum screen door - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2001, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I made a nice screen for my new LT150. I used an aluminum screen door frame..you know, the 2" extruded aluminum.
I removed all the hardware and painted it flat black. Then I installed block-out material in place of the bug screen.
This fabric stretches nicely and makes a tight, wrinkle free movie screen. It's sturdy and lightweight.
I used a patio screen door slider measuring 80"x48".
The inside dimentions of 46.5x76.5 are a nearly perfect fit for 16:9 DVD. It puts this projector at 11 feet. I made a pillow case for it using two sheets sewn together, and store it under the bed. Of course, other sizes could be made by knocking down the frame and cutting to fit.
P.S. I luv this forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2001, 05:43 AM

As you are just about to notice, I am very new to the world of FP and screens. What exactly is blockout material? Where does one get it?
When I started reading your post, I thought you were going to put a black backing (velour?) behind a white sheet or something similar but you lost me with the blockout. Thanks; this sounds like a great idea.
Old 08-13-2001, 09:53 PM

Black out material can be found at your local fabric store. Do a search on "black out" fabric in the "Screen" section. There is a lot of info on this...Enjoy

Albert