Anyone have experience w/Da-Lite cut to size? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-23-2001, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any experience with ordering the Da-Lite material in a cut-to-size? This seems like the best way to get into a commercial screen without the associated costs. Does this come bordered or just as a cut chunk of screen? Thinking about getting a commercial screen with a higher gain than blackout material. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-24-2001, 01:26 PM

I have been looking over my options as well. And cut to size looks like a good option. I don't have any answers, but this site offers the cut to size product with what looks like all of da-lites surfaces possible. And you can choose how you want it finished on the edges. Here: http://www.grant-ent.com/dalite/wscreens19.htm

If you come up with a cheaper source let us know.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-24-2001, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Well it looks like Cousins Video is a lot cheaper on the screen prices per sq. ft. But they don't make any mention of being able to finish the sides. I sent them an email with some questions so hopefully I will learn more. Thanks for the info Darth. Here is cousins site. http://www.shopcousinsvideo.com/cutmat.html

Tim
post #4 of 6 Old 05-26-2001, 10:18 PM

YES, THEY WILL SELL YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT.RAW MATERIAL OR WITH BORDERS. IN FACT MINE JUST CAME IN CUT TO SIZE 80"X 132" HI CONTRAST SCREEN. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BULDING YOUR OWN FRAME I WOULD SUGGEST TO ORDER IT RAW SINCE THE BORDER IS TOO THICK TO FOLD UNLESS YOU WOULD MOUNT IT ON THE FACE OF THE FRAME WITH THE GROMMETS OR SNAPS SHOWING. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-27-2001, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree with the previous post, but you can get the DaLite frame pretty cheap, and its very light weight and sturdy.

------------------
Jeff
Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with ?Seleco 250 with Panamorph or "cheap" 9" CRT

Thanks,

Jeff

Finally went digital: RS20, ISCO IIIs, DIY 10.5' wide torus screen, Stewart StudioTek 1.3 G3 with 4 way masking and adjustable image size
post #6 of 6 Old 08-23-2001, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the information, I also want to purchase Hi-Power for my LT-150, but it's not available in Taiwan, the only way is ask my friend order it and ship to me, now comes the question, how does the cut to size package for shipping from Cousin's Video? is it a roll, or fold? and how about the weight of 96"x72" Hi-Power fabric? will it be a problem for hand carry by airplane? Thanks in advanced.

Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page