Rear Projecting D-ila or DLP ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-18-2001, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have had limited success in getting any info on people actually having (or having knowledge of) digital projectors setup for rear projection. I currently use a D-ila FP setup, and am ready to change to RP. Space/light control behind the screen is a non-issue.

Does anyone have any experience rear-projecting these digital projectors ??

I am probably most interested in the flexible diffusion screen surfaces, as they have no resolution of their own, and, presumably, do not really have any optical qualities, like the fresnel/lenticular variety.

I have posted in the D-ila forum, but nobody really has any experience doing this, though some have interest in the results, as I do.

Anyone ??

Thanks, - Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2001, 10:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 156
As far as digital vs. other projector technologies, the only issue might be Moire between the panel and screen resolutions. Particle size of diffusion screens makes this a non issue.

I saw the Jenmar blackscreen demonstrated with a Plus U2-1080 XGA projector, and it looked great.

Yoy're getting little response because large RP installations are extremely rare in a home setting.

------------------
Noah

Noah
post #3 of 3 Old 09-18-2001, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Noah,

You must be right. You would think somebody would either have one at work, have experience with such a setup or something!

Anyway, yes, I understand the resolution of optical screens themselves are problematic for fixed panel projectors - CRT can usually work without problems - That is one of the reasons I would like to get some primary information on users doing this, because you wouldn't (I wouldn't) automatically assume that a screen surface that would be 100% fine for a CRT would not work at all with a fixed-panel (moire/etc... as you mention). If there are other issues I would like to find out about them now, rather than try to sell a 9' Stewart Filmscreen 150 RP screen on this forum to some CRT owner, after I discover all kinds of stuff I didn't think of.

- Chris
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page