GrayHawk/10HT Combo Showing Vertical Lines - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2001, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since moving a few months ago, I've been using a dropcloth from Home Depot for a temporary screen. I liked the picture quite a bit, but I never bothered framing it taut. Anyway, I recently had a GrayHawk installed from my ceiling and now I notice vertical lines running through the picture during some scenes. These were not evident when I was using the dropcloth, so I am wondering what the problem could be. It almost looks like vertical columns running throughout the picture.

Please help!

Thanks-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-22-2001, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

High contrast, quality screen can bring out details and imperfections more than a cheap matte white material. With that said, you should troubleshoot to see why you have these columns. For me using LCD VPL-CX1 (Sony XGA 4:3) it was wrong refresh rate on my HTPC. You should try differing sources and see if the artifacts are still there. Cabling may also be a culprit. www.thebigdvdpicture.com has Sony forum which may be helpful.

------------------
Huey ;-]

Huey ;-]
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2001, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

I don't think the screen is causing the effect you are seeing, you can check to make sure it is not a manufacturing defect by evaluating the screen under room light (or with a flashlight). If you can't see the vertical lines, then they are probably coming from your projector as Huey suggests.

Regards,

Kam Fung
post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2001, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

I posted this in "Screens" because I did not notice this when I had the dropcloth. But as it was suggested, it was the progressive scan DVD player that is causing the problem. I recently got a Denon 4800-which is a prog. scan multi-player that uses the latest Genesis chipset. There were already problems with that player using its scaling feature, but now there is this one. I know this becaue I tried a Panasonic RP-91 and it worked wonderfully.

------------------
My Home Theater Pics My Equipment List My DVD Collection My LD Collection

Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page