stain on dalite screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2001, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a daylite screen that came with a small red stain on it. It is a permview screen. I tied water and it didn't cut it. I then went to alchole and it did better I now have a smuged red dot. I see they say you can use VM&P Naphtha, What is this and what else can I try. I would send it back but it was already a replacement and I would hate to bother them.

Jason
Note: Any posts are of my personal opinions and not to reflect upon any business.

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2001, 03:06 PM

Liked: 10
Jason,

By all means, if your screen arrived with a mark on the surface, please let us replace it. You paid good money for your screen and you chose Da-Lite for the good quality and value you deserve. A screen with a spot on it is unacceptable by our quality control standards. I am not sure how it occurred, but rest assured we want to make it right. Just send me a personal e-mail and I will get involved in making sure it is handled properly

Thanks,

Blake

------------------
Blake Brubaker
Director of Home Theater Sales
Da-Lite Screen Company, Inc.

[This message has been edited by Blake Brubaker - Da-Lite (edited 09-21-2001).]

Blake Brubaker, CTS
Vice President of Sales
Da-Lite Screen Company, Inc.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2001, 07:48 PM

Blake,
Very nice of you to step in and help Jason out. This impresses me and speaks well of you and Da-Lite.

Jason I hope everything works out well for you.

------------------
Todd
---------------------
-scan-lines-annoy-me-
---------------------

Todd
---------------------
-scan-lines-annoy-me-
---------------------
post #4 of 5 Old 09-23-2001, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 14
I mounted the screen and noticed the stain a day or 2 later. I tried to clean it with alcohol and made it worse, although the alcohol seemed to cut it. I am not positive if it arrived with the stain or not but I think it did because it is in a dedicated HT room that is very clean and it was so small it was easy to miss. Even now it is a light tint about 1 mm witde, not a dramatic stain. Almost not worth my time to ship it back, I can live with it. But thank you for the response, I have received nothing but excellent service from DaLite.

[This message has been edited by programmergeek (edited 09-23-2001).]

Jason
Note: Any posts are of my personal opinions and not to reflect upon any business.

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

post #5 of 5 Old 09-25-2001, 09:01 AM

Just a little story about Da-lite and there customer service. I bought a 106' Da-Snap 1.3 gain screen about two years ago. When I was installing it I noticed a small black dot(almost looked like ink) on the BACK of the screen. It did not show through so I did not think any more about it. I installed the screen and was a very happy camper. The price/performance ratio of these screens are just fantastic. The picture from my Dila was just plain great. I love this screen/projector combo. Anyway,it must have been a year later the dot leached through and it became visible on the viewing side. One phone call to Da-lite to explain the situation and I had a new screen shipped to my door. No hassle. Great company,great product and I would recommend them to anyone.
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page