DaLite "AudioVision" with NEC LT150???? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2001, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
Ken

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am wanting to purchase the LT150 and due to my application I am more than likely going to need an audio transparant screen. I am going to need to build it myself and my understanding is DaLite is the only company that will sell you the material by itself. Is anyone using this with the LT150 and how well does it work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-02-2001, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There may be "moire" effect of micro-perforated screen with digital projector. Search LCD forum for this term and you'll see what I mean. It's best if you hang your speaker above or below screen and use a regular screen. It's also cheaper than micro-perf screen.

------------------
Huey ;-]

Huey ;-]
post #3 of 3 Old 10-02-2001, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ken,

The LT150 should not have a problem because it has a smaller screen door than an LCD projector, however there has been at least one report of problems with it. If you do go with an acoustically transparent screen make sure you make your dealer aware that there may be a moire problem and see what their return/exchange policy is.

BTW, Stewart should be able to sell you micro-perfed fabric without a frame, they definitely sell their solid fabrics without frames. No reason not the sell micro-perf as well! Not all dealers may be aware of this option, though, so you may have to call Stewart directly. If you can afford to, I would recommend Stewart because they are already aware of moire problems with some projectors and they have great support staff.

Regards,

Kam Fung
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page