150" Screen. Elite CineTension vs Spectra White FG - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
150" Screen. Elite CineWhite vs Spectra White FG (Starling vs Cinetension2)

I'm deciding on 150" screens and I prefer the price point of the elites but they have two models that would work for me; STT150UWH-E6 and TE150HW2-E20.

Both are tab tensioned, one is the CineTension2 series with Cinewhite material and the other is the Starling Tension series with Spectra White FG material. Spec wise they appear the same but there is a substantial price difference. Is one better than the other in some way?

Last edited by Hummerguyinfl; Today at 11:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummerguyinfl View Post
I'm deciding on 150" screens and I prefer the price point of the elites but they have two models that would work for me; STT150UWH-E6 and TE150HW2-E20.

Both are tab tensioned, one is the CineTension2 series with Cinewhite material and the other is the Starling Tension series with Spectra White FG material. Spec wise they appear the same but there is a substantial price difference. Is one better than the other in some way?
If I were you, I'd get samples from Elite of those materials. And while on the phone with Elite, ask them directly.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I asked Elite and was informed that performance is identical between the two but PVC (I assumed backing) is more expensive on the the CineTension2 series and it has a faster "Tubalar motor " with a 12v trigger...

There is over a $600 difference between the two...

Not a bad idea to ask for samples.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page