Projecta screens? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-08-2015, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Projecta screens?

So I'm an idiot and ordered my projector and forgot to order a screen with it and now I have a projector and no screen. No place here sells Elite and all I can find is Epson screens that come on a tripod save for Best Buy which has a Projecta 106 inch screen in stock. I know nothing of this brand and from what I can tell, not many other people do either. They seem to be a little known company. At 200$ for a 106 inch screen however, I want to make sure it's halfway decent since my budget doesn't allow for anything else. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I came across a thread from 2012 but there wasn't much info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethean View Post
So I'm an idiot and ordered my projector and forgot to order a screen with it and now I have a projector and no screen. No place here sells Elite and all I can find is Epson screens that come on a tripod save for Best Buy which has a Projecta 106 inch screen in stock. I know nothing of this brand and from what I can tell, not many other people do either. They seem to be a little known company. At 200$ for a 106 inch screen however, I want to make sure it's halfway decent since my budget doesn't allow for anything else. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I came across a thread from 2012 but there wasn't much info.
I purchased the Projecta 92 inch tripod screen a couple of years back. It is a well made screen that allows for a nice range of height adjustments. It's a good surface, but when I finally mounted my Focupix manual screen, I liked it better than the Projecta.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-14-2015, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
I purchased the Projecta 92 inch tripod screen a couple of years back. It is a well made screen that allows for a nice range of height adjustments. It's a good surface, but when I finally mounted my Focupix manual screen, I liked it better than the Projecta.
Thanks for the response. I went ahead and ordered an Elite screen and even though I got a low end manual pull down I really enjoy it. It's 25 dollars cheaper than the Projecta and 119 inches so I'll be returning the Projecta.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens