Silver Ticket in-ceiling electric vs. Elite Sterling Tab Tensioned screens? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-18-2015, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Silver Ticket in-ceiling electric vs. Elite Sterling Tab Tensioned screens?

First time into PJ and new owner of a BenQ HT1085ST so I am now in the market for a good quality and not too expensive 120" 16:9 electric screen.

In my quest, I stumbled upon a review at "TheWireCutter" where Silver Ticket was ranked among the top best screen with excellent performance close to models that cost in the thousands dollars.

If my room layout would allow a fixed screen, I think that I would just go with the Silver Ticket STR-169120 120" 16:9 ($250) and be done with it but it's not the case.

So I dig further and notice that Silver Ticket also makes a (non-tensioned) in-ceiling electric 120" 16:9 version as well SIE-169120 ($650).

But at that price range, I could also get an Elite Tab Tensioned 120" 16:9 model: either Starling STT120XWH-E14 or Saker SKT120XHW-E20 ($650).

So questions to the floor:
- What are your thoughts on the non-tensioned Silver Ticket vs. Elite Tab Tensioned electric screens?
- Does the Silver Ticket quality worth its price tag for a non-tensioned model?
- Do tab-tensioned models really worth the investment as the equivalent non-tensioned from Elite ST120XWH-E14 or SK120XHW-E20 would be half the costs ($350)?
- Differences and preference between the Elite Saker vs. Starling?
- Any other quality electric screens (120" 16:9) to consider?

Thanks a bunch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens