Screen gain needed for JVC DLA-RS25 long throw distance? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 10-24-2015, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Screen gain needed for JVC DLA-RS25 long throw distance?

I will have a JVC DLA-RS25 delivered soon and am thinking that with my situation, I'll need a 1.3 gain screen (I ran the numbers on PC's calculator). Very high cathedral ceiling, so there won't be a ceiling light bounce issue. Very little side wall concern either. Best mounting location will be rear shelf mount a bit over 19 feet back from screen wall. Critical viewing will be movies at night in light controlled environment.
Does anyone have experience with the low lumen JVC projectors and long throw distance? If you have experience, what screen gain did you have to use?
I'm getting some advice on the DIY screen forum and want to do DIY, but I'm here to ask the screen gain question.
Thanks in advance for advice.
Sponsored Links
Reply Screens
Gear in this thread