New to the Projector world- Just purchased BENQ 1075 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2015, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New to the Projector world- Just purchased BENQ 1075

So as the title says I am totally new to the projector world. I recently purchased a BenQ 1075 after several online recommendations and a pretty solid price of $669 shipped. I am replacing a 73" Mitsubishi. Now I am trying to figure out the proper screen. Also is a motorized worth it?? I would like to go as big as possible but not to big to where I start to lose any picture quality. I just signed up to this forum and will start digging into threads but any help in the right direction to get me jump started would help immensly

Thanks

Ryan Quinn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2015, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I did some more research. Looks like I am leaning towards a fixed frame from Silver Ticket off Amazon. I measured where it would be setting on the wall to where I plan on mounting the projector and it is about 12-13'. What do you all think about a 120"?? Is that too big? My issue is that this is going in a bonus room that only has 69" tall walls before the angle of the truss starts to go up. a 120" is 64" tall leaving on 5: from the ground. Looks like I might have to go with a 110" (59" tall) or a 100" (54" tall)

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance
Old 12-03-2015, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Go as low to the floor as you want. It all depends on your seating and if you can see the bottom of the screen and if you only have one row of seating. If you plan on reclining seats that lift your feet up then the screen will have to be higher and with your ceiling problem will have to be not as wide / smaller. Drag a chair in you will be using and test it out. take painters tape and put an outline of a screen on the wall the size you might like and see where you are at.

Bud

Old 12-03-2015, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Your screen size should be based on how far away you will sit from it. 120" is fine if sitting between 9' and 12' away, depending on where you like to sit in a cinema.

You say the wall is only 69" before it starts to slope, but you could hang the screen from the sloped ceiling to get it higher and let it hang out away from the wall. More important is that the W1070 must have its lens about 3" above the top edge of the screen white area, so be sure the projector can be mounted high enough and far enough from the screen to fill it -- about 10.5' from lens to screen minimum and 13' max for 120" screen.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement