What are the issues with AT Screens that I need to be aware of? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What are the issues with AT Screens that I need to be aware of?

I've got an Epson 5030UB that I'm planning to put in a dedicated HT room with full light control. I'm thinking of going with an AT screen so that I can mount the center speaker behind the screen for more accurate voice positioning.

My question is, what issues to I need to be aware of before committing to doing an AT Screen?

Also, are there any good recommendations for which screen I should use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcisbig View Post
I've got an Epson 5030UB that I'm planning to put in a dedicated HT room with full light control. I'm thinking of going with an AT screen so that I can mount the center speaker behind the screen for more accurate voice positioning.

My question is, what issues to I need to be aware of before committing to doing an AT Screen?

Also, are there any good recommendations for which screen I should use?
Biggest issues I hear are that you can see the weave. You can avoid moire with weave by cutting the screen material at an angle. If you're thinking of motorized, make sure it's tab tensioned (but you're looking at a few grand)

I built my own fixed 140-inch scope screen with 1x3 oak and 2 layers of Spandex (Silver and White). Cost me $240 and looks stunning with my JVC RS400

Home Theater and Home Automation Enthusiast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens