Small tear repair? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-08-2016, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Small tear repair?

I have a small, about 1" tear on very bottom edge of my screen. Not even on the white part, just the black edge, right above the bottom bar. Happened during shipping because they put a little peice of foam there to keep it from moving around. Wondering what the best way to repair it would be. It's on the black portion, so not worried about it being in the viewing area. I just want to secure it from getting worse. It also is below the portion that gets rolled up so it doesn't need to be a flexible fix really.

I was almost thinking of using a small peice of fiber fix tape, but was thinking some sort of epoxy or glue would be best. Any ideas?

Here is a pic, but it is very hard to see the tear. Looks more like a small crack in the pic. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-08-2016, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 82
You know what they say.."If you can't duct it then........." but in all seriousness ..black duct tape may work. The texture pattern of the black screen material looks very similar to the texture pattern found on duct tape so black duct tape may actually match up fairly well . If it doesn't work like you would hope..your still left with a useful roll of duct tape so you can't lose.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stephen McGuire
Dark Energy Screens
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page